Pupil Transportation Cooperative (PTC) is a joint powers Authority under California law, it is a consortium of public school districts that has the legal status of a local educational agency under the law. Formed by six school districts in 1984, it was established to operate and maintain a pupil transportation service. In 2008 a seventh district joined as a full member of the JPA.
These school districts include:
- Whittier Union High School District
- Whittier City School District
- South Whittier School District
- Little Lake City School District
- Los Nietos School District
- El Rancho Unified School District
- East Whittier City School District.
In July 2018 the JPA ceased operations of its transportation services. It remains open for administrative purposes only. The agency holds regular quarterly Board meetings and maintains one employee.